This Years Theme: Education & RE-Arc
The Schiele Museum of Natural
Gastonia, NC, October 18 - 20, 2013
The purpose of the
Reconstructive and Experimental Archaeology Conference is to promote and
stimulate interest in reconstructive and experimental archaeology; to serve as a "bridging organization" between all related groups and individuals involved in this field; to support
and facilitate an active and open exchange of information between all related
groups; to serve as a bond among those interested in this and related subjects;
to publish and to encourage publication; to advocate and to aid in the
conservation and development of related data; and to encourage an appreciation,
high standards, development and support for the scientific application of
reconstructive and experimental archaeological research.
There are 7 basic sections to the annual conference.
1. a key note address;
2. individual paper presentations;
3. break-out sessions (where participants can participate in a specific structured activities);
4. poster sessions
5. the Ground Breakers Dinner and Fire Keepers Award Presentation;
6. demonstrations and discussions open to the general public
7. various experiential activities and opportunities
We occasionally hold a "round table discussion" on a specific topic(s) of interest to the entire group.